Saturday, October 24, 2009

ZxCam

ZxCam is my first foray into iPhone programming. It lets you take a picture, either with the camera or an existing image from your library, and convert it into a colour-clashed masterpiece suitable for display on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum. Once converted you have the option of mailing the converted image as a png for display on a modern computer. A tap version is also attached to the mail, so that you can load the image into an emulator. You can also upload directly to Flickr from within the app if you fancy sharing your 8-bit artwork. For the truly keen, ZxCam provides a virtual tape player. This lets you load the image into a real Spectrum. Remember to use LOAD "" CODE, and not LOAD ""! If you lack a real Spectrum, then you can just listen to the soothing loading tones of yesteryear. I'l leave you with a few of my conversions. If you have any queries or problems, then please post them, and I'll try and answer.





1 comment:

  1. Hey dude. Bought your ZX cam and it's really nice. Yet, what I miss is an option to simply save the pictures to my foto library. I don't have a mail account set up in my iphone (and don't want to), so the "send" button doesn't work for me at all. Also I don't want to post the pictures directly to flickr, just to re-save them from there to my iphone. :O

    Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete